Appellate practice in Illinois requires knowledge of highly specialized rules governing jurisdiction, motion practice and briefs. It also requires a unique style of argument.
Because of our law firm’s extensive experience, ZRFM can offer clients unique insight into the appellate process and provide aggressive and effective representation on appeal.
Save yourself the frustration of learning the mysteries of appellate practice and allow our experienced practitioners to achieve a successful outcome on appeal for you or your clients.
To learn more about Illinois appellate practice – including your right to an appeal, when you must file, and details about the appellate process – please view our Appellate Law FAQs.
Appellate Law Experience
Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle’s appellate attorneys have extensive experience in both civil and criminal appeals.
Our three appellate law attorneys have many years of experience in prosecuting and defending appeals. In total, our appellate lawyers have handled hundreds of appeals in every area of the law, and they have represented clients in both the Illinois Appellate and Supreme Courts.
One of our appellate lawyers, Jennifer J. Gibson, was a law clerk from 2001 to 2007 for Justice Fred A. Geiger and Justice Barbara Gilleran Johnson, both of the Illinois Second District Appellate Court.
Included in Gibson’s recent appellate litigation experience are the following written opinions and Rule 23 orders:
- Ryan Hedrich v. Ashley Mack (February 2015)
- Village of Prairie Grove v. Eric D. Puryear (December 2014)
- James Mikolaitis v. Morano Investments/Jerry Morano (September 2014)
- City of Woodstock v. Thomas A. Bezik (September 2014)
- Laura Frazier v. Eric Frazier (June 2014)
- Lake in the Hills v. Dennis Niklaus (with IML Summary) (May 2014)
- Jay Burnstein v. Georgette Burnstein (February 2014)
- FRS Development v. Huntley Venture (September 2013)
- Yvonne J. Norton v. Timothy W. Glab (February 2013)
- City of Harvard v. Elvis J. Henson Trust (September 2012)
- Glenn E. Davis v. Village of Lake Zurich (August 2012)
- Village of Lake in the Hills v. James Mueller (June 2012)
- Illinois v. Hawthorn Woods (March 2012)
- Gorski v. The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Woodstock (Dec. 2011)
- Fassnacht v. Baldwin (Oct. 2011)
- The Reserve at Woodstock, LLC v. the City of Woodstock (Sept. 2011)
- In re Marriage of Stephenson (Aug. 2011)
- City of McHenry v. Suvada (June 2011)
- Szewczyk v. Board of Fire & Police Commissioners (June 2011)
- Village of Algonquin v. Lowe (June 2011)
- In re Marriage of Patti Roberts and Donald Roberts (March 2011)
- Village of Richmond v. Magee (Jan. 2011)
- Falcon Funding, LLC v. City of Elgin (March 2010)
- In re Marriage of Kalisz (July 2009)
- The Village of Lake in the Hills v. The Athans Company (Nov. 2008)
- The Village of Lake in the Hills v. Johandes (Aug. 2008)
- McHenry County Defenders v. City of Harvard (July 2008)
- Szewcyk v. Board of Fire & Police Commissioners (March 2008)
Contact Us Today
If you are considering appealing your case – or the case of a client – the appellate law attorneys and professionals at Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle are available to advise and represent you on appeal.
To schedule a meeting in our law offices in Crystal Lake, Chicago or Oak Brook, please visit our contact page to start the process. We will respond promptly.